dinsdag 16 oktober 2007

self portrait in a window

Hello!
I've started a part time study Graphic Design and I thought it might be fun to show some of the things I've been making for the academy:

The assigment for this one was: "make a self portrait from the reflection in the window. I drew my reflection, but since the light came from behind my face and such can't be seen and instead I saw the tree and parked cars beneath is in my place ^^. I like that part of it. But the rest is too much detail perhaps. I'm planning on making a new one with just a part of the silhouet and only a bit background.

Oh, and I thought the painting looked a bit bland as it is now, so I upped the saturation in the scan to see what it would look like with some more colour:

I think this looks much nicer. Even though no one's guess it's a reflection this way, but that's not so bad.

1 opmerking:

Anoniem zei

Heeee, dat zelfportret vind ik echt geweldig! Beide versies trouwens, die eerste geeft echt dat gevoel van reflectie en de tweede heeft prachtige kleuren!